- Type of survey: continuous on a monthly basis
- Population scope: all hotel establishments
- Geographical scope: entire national territory
- Reference period of the results: the month
- Information reference period: seven days in a row of each month, randomly selected so that the entire month is covered by all establishments
- Sample design: stratified sampling by province and establishment category, being comprehensive those strata of 4 and 5 gold star categories
- Sample size: approximately 9,250 establishments in winter and 11,200 in summer.
- Collection method: questionnaire completed directly by the hotel establishment