Quality management system: towards a quality assurance framework
The ultimate goal of the quality management system the INE is implementing is to configurate a Quality assurance framework, inspired in leading international schemes, such as that of the United Nations or the one defined by Eurostat from the European Statistics Code of Practice (CP).
The current INE system is based on three types of elements:
- 1. An administrative/institutional structure specifically created and devoted to quality management. It is made up of: a specialised administrative unit (quality unit); and a quality management collegiate body (Quality Committee).
- 2. A quality assessment and monitoring system made up of a series of instruments and methods that allow to measure the quality of statistical work.
- 2.1 Quality reports and indicators. Methodological description of quality reports and indicators of the different statistical products of the INE.
- 2.2 User surveys. The INE conducts user surveys in order to know their opinion and degree of satisfaction with statistics and detect new information needs.
- 2.3 Peer Review external evaluation. Systems of general external evaluation.
- 3. Other components of the INE quality system