- Type of operation: summary and analysis statistics, compiled with results from different sources on past and present demographic trends.
- Population scope: households in the national territory, the household being the person or group of persons who habitually live in a family dwelling.
- Geographical scope: national, Autonomous Communities and Cities and provinces.
- Reference period of the results: household data are provided as at 1 January of the 15 years following the year of compilation.
- Frequency of dissemination: biennial as of 2014.
Methodological documents, questionnaires, classifications,...