- Type of operation: summary and analysis statistics on an annual basis.
- Population scope: population resident in Spain, births to mothers resident in Spain, deaths of residents in Spain, marriages establishing their residence in Spain, divorces of spouses whose marriage was established in Spain and migratory movements originating or ending in Spain.
- Geographical scope: national, autonomous communities and cities, provinces and municipalities with more than 50,000 inhabitants or provincial capitals.
- Reference period: the calendar year.
- Collection method: elaboration based on the results of statistics on births, deaths, marriages, migrations, annulments, separations and divorces and on the population figures.