INEbase / List of place name: Population of the Continuous Municipal Register by Population Unit / Help
Revision of Municipal Register to 1 January of each year
The list of places contains the number of inhabitants separated by sex for all municipalities and population entities with a range below municipal which means more than 150.000 registers for each year. This program facilitates easily consulting the population of each town.
- Quick search: is carried out in the whole country and for all available years. To consult the number of inhabitants in a locality it is sufficient to write the complete name or a part of the name in the space provided. The program will show the population data for all those towns whose denomination contains the exact word, words or the group of letters in the order they are written in the space provided.
When you write the name of a town, the following needs to be taken into account:
- It does not matter whether you write in capitals or small letters
- If the name of the town starts with an article (EL, LA, A; LAS, LOS, LES,..) this should not be written.
If you want to search for LA ADRADA only ADRADA should be written. In the opposite case the town will not be located, so the register only features as ADRADA (LA).
- For some towns the name the town is normally known by and the name in the database do not usually coincide exactly. To facilitate location, it will be easier not to write the complete name.
If you wish to locate the population of Madrigal de las Altas Torres, you may write:
- Madrigal de las Altas Torres (all locations whose name contains Madrigal de las Altas Torres will be shown)
- Madrigal (all locations whose name contains Madrigal will be shown)
- Altas Torres (all locations whose name contains Altas Torres will be shown)
- Any of the following identifiers may also be written: mad, madri, alt, torr, etc. (all locations which contain this group of letters will be shown)
But you may not write:
- Madrigal Altas Torres, since the order in which the name of the town has been written will not coincide, as the words de las have been omitted.
- Advanced search: is carried out by applying one or more criteria at the
choice of the user. The year or years for which you want to carry out the query
will be selected below.
- A. Geographical criteria: facilitates choosing that the
search is carried out on:
- The whole country: is the option taken by defect, the search will be carried out for all national municipalities
- One or various provinces: the option select provinces will be chosen and those of interest to the user will be marked on the list of provinces. You may select specific municipalities from these provinces or refer the search to all those municipalities in the provinces selected
- Provinces in a same Autonomous Community: a community is chosen and the list of provinces in this community is presented below. You may select one or various provinces and from these choose specific municipalities or refer the search to all those municipalities contained in the provinces selected.
- B. Type of entity criteria: by defect the search is carried
out on all population entities. The search may be restricted to:
- A type of entity, being able to select: all population groups, only municipal totals, only collective entities, only singular entities, only nuclei and scattered
- Determined municipality collective entity codes, etc., filling in each case, only the codes that are of interest (one or various).
- C. Population size criteria: allows you to establish restrictions on the size of the total population, men or women.
- D. Denomination criteria: will facilitate selecting entities whose name contains, starts or coincides with the written text.
In establishing the query criteria totals following needs to be taken into account:
It is essential to specify at least one selection criteria.
Each criteria establishes a new restriction on the previous criteria.
Example: if in geographical criteria the province of Albacete is selected, in type of entity all entities are selected, in population size total population less than 100 is selected and in denomination contains santa is selected, the screen will show use all the Albacete entities whose total population is less than 100 and whose denomination contains the word santa:
Provincia Municipio Unidad Poblacional 02 Albacete 003 Albacete 000104 URBANIZACION SANTA CLARA 02 Albacete 006 Alcadozo 000700 SANTA ANA 02 Albacete 006 Alcadozo 000701 SANTA ANA 02 Albacete 060 Peñas de San Pedro 000600 FUENSANTA (LA) 02 Albacete 060 Peñas de San Pedro 000601 FUENSANTA (LA) 02 Albacete 069 Roda (La) 000200 SANTA MARTA 02 Albacete 069 Roda (La) 000201 SANTA MARTA 02 Albacete 074 Tobarra 000300 MORA DE SANTA QUITERIA 02 Albacete 074 Tobarra 000301 MORA DE SANTA QUITERIA
- A. Geographical criteria: facilitates choosing that the search is carried out on:
Presentation of results
The list of population units is hierarchical within each province and the results are presented in the following way:
Province, that includes province code and denomination.
Municipality, that includes municipality code and denomination.
Population unit, that includes the codes (all 2 digits), collective entity (EC), singular entity (ES) and nucleus or scattered (NUC), followed by the denomination.
Total population, males and females, for the population unit for each period.
And the population unit is identified in the following way:
- The municipality, identified by the codes EC=00, ES=00 and NUC=00.
- The collective entity, if it exists is identified by the codes CE≠00, ES = 00 and NUC = 00
- The singular entity (exists at least once for each municipality) identified with codes ES≠00 and NUC = 00
- The nucleus or scattered (they always belong to a singular entity), the nuclei are identified by the NUC code≠00 and scattered by the code NUC = 99
Any population unit is identified by the set of province codes, municipality, collective entity, singular entity and nucleus or scattered.
The municipality MINAYA in the province of Albacete (02), that has just one entity made up of nuclei and scattered appears in the following way:
|Year 2002||Year 2003|
|02 Albacete||048 Minaya||000000 MINAYA||1741||886||855||1707||884||823|
|02 Albacete||048 Minaya||000100 MINAYA||1741||886||855||1707||884||823|
|02 Albacete||048 Minaya||000101 MINAYA||1719||871||848||1690||872||818|
|02 Albacete||048 Minaya||000199 *DISEMINADO*||22||15||7||17||12||5|
The municipality MINAYA is identified with the complete code 02048000000.
The singular entity MINAYA is identified with the complete code 02048000100.
The nucleus MINAYA is identified with the complete code 02048000101
Scattered is identified with the complete code 02048000199
There may exist population units that do not have population at the moment. In these cases the figure 0 appears in the population fields.
For the municipality entities and nuclei in which it has not been possible to determine population on a population unit level, the character .. appears in the population fields in order to distinguish it from the previous ones.
When more than one year is queried at one time population groups may appear that do not exist in some of the years but do in others. This may be due to various causes such as segregations in order to form new municipalities, unions, disappearances due to depopulation, etc.
In the population fields for the years where they do not exist, N.E appears.
The municipality El Prat de Llobregat (169) from the province of Barcelona (08) has 6 nuclei and disseminated groups which have disappeared in 2003 with respect to previous years and which appear in the following way:
|Año 2002||Año 2003|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000000 PRAT DE LLOBREGAT (EL)||63112||31645||31467||63312||31799||31513|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000100 PRAT DE LLOBREGAT (EL)||62974||31571||31403||63188||31732||31456|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000101 PRAT DE LLOBREGAT (EL)||62894||31523||31371||63106||31685||31421|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000199 *DISEMINADO*||80||48||32||82||47||35|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000200 AEROPORT DEL PRAT (L')||1||1||0||N.E.||N.E.||N.E.|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000299 *DISEMINADO*||1||1||0||N.E.||N.E.||N.E.|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000300 CA L'ALAIO||5||2||3||5||2||3|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000399 *DISEMINADO*||5||2||3||5||2||3|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000400 CAN CAMINS||25||11||14||2||1||1|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000499 *DISEMINADO*||25||11||14||2||1||1|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000500 ENKALENE||0||0||0||N.E.||N.E.||N.E.|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000599 *DISEMINADO*||0||0||0||N.E.||N.E.||N.E.|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000600 MAS MATEU (EL)||1||1||0||1||1||0|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000699 *DISEMINADO*||1||1||0||1||1||0|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000700 PALMERES (LES)||106||59||47||114||62||52|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000701 PALMERES (LES)||106||59||47||114||62||52|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000800 POLIGON INDUSTRIAL PRATENC (EL)||0||0||0||2||1||1|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000899 *DISEMINADO*||0||0||0||2||1||1|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000900 MAS BLAU (EL)||0||0||0||N.E.||N.E.||N.E.|
|08 Barcelona||169 Prat de Llobregat (El)||000999 *DISEMINADO*||0||0||0||N.E.||N.E.||N.E.|
When the Population size criterion is used and more than one year is consulted at the same time, the only population figures that will appear are those relating to the population units in the years that meet this requirement and for the others, nothing will appear in the population field, as they don't meet the requirement. This is either because of the population figure or the fact that they do not exist (N.E.) or because it has not been possible to determine the population (..)