Latest press releases
Population and Housing Census. Year 2011. The average number of members per household decreases to 2.58 persons in 2011, as compared with 2.86 persons in 2001. The number of single-person households in Spain increases by 1,316,747, and reaches 4,193,319.
|Note||Census 2011||Census 2001||Cariation (%)|
|Population in groups||444.101||233.347||90,3|
- Last modified:
- Last modified:
Did you know...?
The Population and Housing Censuses have been carried out with reference date 1 November 2011, being these the statistics operation with the greatest magnitude. It has been conducted by INE every ten years since the end of the 20th Century. This research allows to:
- The persons: sex, age, nationality, level of education, professional status, migrations and mobilty,...
- The households: size, composition, couple and family nucleus...
- The buildings: number of floors, state of the building, year of construction...
- The dwellings: tenancy regime, area, number of rooms,...
The Population and Housing Census 2011 has been conceived as an operation combining:
- A pre-census file created from the maximum use of the available administrative registers, taking the Municipal Register as the basic element of its structure.
- Fieldwork that includes two large operations:
- A comprehensive Building Census that enables geo-referencing all buildings.
- A large sampling survey in order to ascertain characteristics of persons and dwellings.
The population figures have been obtained through the recount of the registers contained in the pre-census file, weighted -when it is necessary- with some recounting elements obtained from the survey.