What is this query system?
This system allows the composition of tables with crosses of variables that are not covered by the standard tables. In any case, account must always be taken of the general Frontur-Egatur methodology, given that in many cases crosses between variables that are not significant may be obtained as the survey is not designed to provide information at this level of detail.
Due to the large number of classification variables with respect to the sample size, for very detailed crossing, information is not available. It is recommended to cross only two or three variables and select the category Total for the rest of them. Before presenting the table, the percentage of cells which data are not available due to lack of backup sample is indicated. If this percentage is over 50% the table is not displayed.
To make the display more user-friendly, it is recommended to change the presentation of the table and keep in the columns the classification variables for which the only selected category is the Total.
The INE is not responsible for the results that the recipients of the data obtain from these files based on their own calculations. In addition, recipients undertake to cite, in any publication derived therefrom, the INE as the primary data source (source: INE, www.ine.es), as well as the fact that the degree of accuracy or reliability of the information derived from the authors' own calculations is the sole responsibility of the authors themselves.
- Notice about the use of the files In the microdata file, each record represents a traveler who ends his trip through Spain in the reference month. The variable that uniquely identifies each record is A0_1. Adding the elevation factor of each record ('Factor') the estimated number of passengers is obtained, and it can be disaggregated according to the rest of variables of the file classification: Tourists-hikers, main destination, country of residence, access route and type of accommodation.
- Register design and valid variable values
- Files modified at 10/11/2023
- Notice file 2023 JunebFichero modificado a las 13:00 del 2/8/2023.
- The data since January 2023 are provisional.
- The microdata files associated with the months of April and May 2020 are not available due to the fact that the flow of international tourists and the tourist expenditure associated with destination Spain have been null due to the closure of the borders determined by the State of Alarm.
- As of March 2022, "Russia" is included in the "Rest of Europe" aggregate.
- From January 2022, Turkey is added to the "Rest of Europe" group
- As of July 2023, the microdata files have been updated from October 2015 to April 2023, making the distinction between Ceuta and Melilla following the registry design.