- Type of operation: continuous on an annual basis.
- Population scope: all persons who die in Spain.
- Geographical scope: the entire national territory.
- Reference period: the calendar year.
- Collection method: through the Medical Death Certificate/Statistical Death Bulletin, completed by the doctor certifying the death, the family members and the person in charge of the Civil Registry, each one in the corresponding part. The registry sends the INE the corresponding bulletins every month.
Methodology documents, questionnaires, classifications...