5201Passenger Transport Statistics
- Institutions that intervene
- INE, Councils/Departments with jurisdiction regarding the Autonomous Communities, Directorate General for Civil Aviation (MFOM), Ports of State
- Works that will be carried out in the year 2011
- Monthly collection of the information referring to the previous month.
Recording and filtering of the information.
Monthly dissemination of the provisional results corresponding to the period from November 2010 to October 2011, according to the "INE Short-term statistics availability calendar for 2011".
Monthly dissemination of the final results corresponding to 2010.
Improvement of the non-response estimating processes in participating companies
Monitoring of the new means of disseminating the number of travellers in the different means carried out since the reference month in 2010
Among the new series disseminated is the breakdown of travellers on regular scheduled intercity transport in three categories: local trains (up to a distance of 50 km), regional trains (less than or equal to 300 km, not included in local trains) and long-distance or national trains (over 300 km)
Improvement of the directory
Study for the correcting of working days. Councils/Departments with jurisdiction regarding the Autonomous Communities send the INE the directory of passenger transport companies, in order to update the directory of the monthly passenger transport survey.
In turn, the Directorate General for Civil Aviation provides monthly information on the traffic of aircraft, passengers and freight in Spanish airports, and Ports of State provide the monthly information on the traffic of vessels, passengers and freight in Spanish ports.
- Budgetary credits necessary for its finance in the year 2011 (in thousands euros)